Bruce S. Brunschwig
MBI, Director of MMRC
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 139-74
Pasadena, CA 91125
Office: BI 313
BSB at Caltech.edu
- Studies of homogeneous and heterogeneous thermal and photoinduced electron-transfer reactions.
- Dark and light induced electron transfer between semiconductors and redox couples in solution.
- Kinetics and mechanism of the oxidation and reduction of water to produce dihydrogen and dioxygen.
- XPS, FTIR, and AFM studies of semiconductor surfaces.
- Spectroscopy of charge-transfer transitions in solution and on semiconductor nanoparticles.
- Models for electron-transfer reactions.
- Quantum chemistry calculations of Transition-metal complexes.
- Artificial photosynthesis.
- Passivation of semiconductor surfaces.
- Development and computerization of instrumentation.
- Vapor sensors arrays - artificial nose.
- Ph.D. Physical Chemistry NYU/Polytechnic Institute , 1972
- A.B. Chemistry University of Rochester, 1966
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Hofstra University, 8/72-8/79;
- Research Collaborator, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 6/74-8/77
- Chairman, Department of Chemistry, Hofstra University 1/76-1/78
- Visiting Chemist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 9/77-1/79
- Associate Chemist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 9/79-9/82
- Chemist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 10/82-12/02
- Visiting Scientist, California Institute of Technology, 9/91-1/92
- Senior Chemist, Brookhaven National Laboratory, 12/02-8/04;
- Beckman Institute of California Institute of Technology, 2/03-present
Solar Photoconversion Research
Interfacial Charge Transfer Spectroscopy
Lewis Group Research
The Floating of BSB's office
Norman Sutin and BNL Inorganic Photochemistry Group